Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fun Stuff 4 Old Folks!

I know this stuff is going viral, but I have to say as one of the original DIYers, this touches my heart!

life hacks
Great, huh?  Seriously, the OCD in me wants to make use of everything possible to 1)save money, and 2) reduce my carbon footprint.  

Jenna, the 20-something daughter of my close friends the Dorfman-Tandlich's told me about this.  It's called life hacks. Jenna described it as tips to do everything better.  Thanks, Jenna!

So getting back to the saving money and reducing my carbon footprint, I think these go hand-in-hand.  Using energy efficient light bulbs saves the environment and saves you money. Recycling saves the earth and saves you money.  Obviously reducing what you use saves money, space and your sanity.  Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle are my words to live by!

So don't forget this Saturday's Stop & Swap.  GrowNYC is holding this event at Wagner MS from noon to 3pm.  Really free stuff that other people no longer want & a chance to clear out your unwanted items.  It's a win-win-win!


Swift Thrift

Your children (ages 6 - 18) can see a Broadway play for free from Monday, February 24th thru Sunday, March 2nd.  Buy one full-priced adult ticket and get one free ticket for a kid!  Tix are on sale today, along w/ Broadway's annual 2 for 1 promotion from January 21 - February 6.  NYCgo Tickets well out quickly so don't delay!

Last time, I talked about doing most of your shopping for the year in January.  Along those lines, CVS has holiday items on sale this week at 90% off!  I bought 12 cellophane gift bags for 26 cents!

If you enjoyed this blog, please share it with your friends...and please tell me what works & what doesn't.  I want to write for you!

Keep calm and carry on...Lori Bores 

No comments:

Post a Comment