Thursday, July 11, 2013

Free Concert


  

Free Stevie Wonder concert!

Those of you who know me well know that I adore Stevie Wonder.  When I was a little girl, my best friend Carolyn Gnerre had (has) a brother who was (is) 7 years older.  John was (is) very cool and listened almost exclusively to Motown. After school, we used to dance to the Motown 45's (ask your parents).  To this day, I can sing most Motown hits and I consider this the music of my youth. 
So I was thrilled when my boyfriend emailed me this morning to say he'd heard on the radio that Stevie Wonder is going to give a free concert in Central Park on September 28th!  What was required is membership in an organization called Global Citizen.
I joined and this is one of the best things I've done recently.  This is a very progressive, positive organization that promotes an end to poverty, justice for women, and equality.  You earn points by signing petitions or taking specified action depending upon the issue in which you are interested.  I signed 2 petitions & got 8 points.  That entitled me to enter the raffle for 2 tix to the concert to see Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys (love her), John Mayer and Kings of Leon.  You can enter 6 times, so I plan to earn some more points!  

Truth be told:  I am a fairly liberal political animal and love to send emails to our elected leaders.  It's essential to vote, but one cannot vote annually and then let them off the hook!  Use your voice - or your pen - or your computer to give lawmakers a piece of your mind!

I promise the next post will be on the Fountain of Youth, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell you about a free and fabulous concert in Central Park!

If you like my blog, please share it with your friends...and of course I'd love to hear from you.

Keep calm & carry on...Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment